FIT TO FIGHT proudly introduces six racers: Jami Maves, Jeff Runyan, Mary Pat Malerk, Scott Woods, Don Sokoloski and Mary Lynn Eiseman. Each one of them has battled cancer and is now ready to represent FIT TO FIGHT by meeting the challenge of the PEAK Missoula Triathlon. The 500 yard swim, 12.4 mile bike, 3.1 mile run will take place on May 22nd, 2010 at PEAK Health and Wellness Center. Follow Jami, Jeff, Mary Pat, Scott, Don and Mary Lynn's training under Triathlete Trainer Maer Seibert here!

18 May 2010

Jeff's Countdown to the Swim!

Swam 600 meters Sunday without flippers. Still need breaks but I think I can do this. Was helped out a lot with my technique and think it is going to help. Going to try and do turns tomorrow. Was on the Radio this morning 103.3 the Trial and that was great. Only a few days left before the big day.

Jeff

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I actually swam the hole distance in time, and my feet never touched the bottom of the pool. It was tough as anyone watching could tell. Just think, I had a bout with the most aggressive cancer known to man, had the highest doses of chemo you could give a human, followed by radiation, lost and gained 50 pounds, and swam in a triathlon with localized paralysis following treatment, and all this in just over a year. I amazed myself, and thanks Sam, Maer, Mary Pat, Scott, Jen, Jamie, Don and everyone else for making this happen.

    ReplyDelete