FIT TO FIGHT proudly introduces six racers: Jami Maves, Jeff Runyan, Mary Pat Malerk, Scott Woods, Don Sokoloski and Mary Lynn Eiseman. Each one of them has battled cancer and is now ready to represent FIT TO FIGHT by meeting the challenge of the PEAK Missoula Triathlon. The 500 yard swim, 12.4 mile bike, 3.1 mile run will take place on May 22nd, 2010 at PEAK Health and Wellness Center. Follow Jami, Jeff, Mary Pat, Scott, Don and Mary Lynn's training under Triathlete Trainer Maer Seibert here!

08 May 2010

This Week with Jeff

I haven't been feeling the greatest lately, fatigued, and under a great deal of stress, but am back on board with the swim but am limiting myself to work outs that don't devastate me.




Yesterday I swam 250 meters with flippers and 250 without. I think I am getting to where I might be able to swim the whole distance without flippers. The main problem I am having is my legs, the neuropathy doesn't allow me to use the lower parts of my legs properly and they are long to recover after a workout. The run and bike are not doable for me at this time, but maybe next year.
Best Regard's
Jeff Runyan

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the great work Jeff. It's hard to find that balance of what works and what doesn't. I hope you're feeling better, stronger and healthier this week now that you have! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock Jeff - thanks for all your dedication to the FIT TO FIGHT program and doing this challenge!! You are in inspiration!! Keep it up you are almost there!! SAM

    ReplyDelete